jeudi 1 septembre 2011

Autumn Term

I know it’s not for a little while yet, but the start of September makes my brain and tastes turn to back-to-school time.  I love it.

While the end of the summer holidays may have been a time for sadness, the start of the autumn term was always an exciting time.  I actually loved shopping for new school shoes, maybe a new school bag and other such accessories.  For coats, we usually used to get them at the French hypermarket, the aptly-named Mammouth, and bring them home with us.

I still love the onset of autumn – I get very excited when it’s time to wear a proper coat, woolly tights and proper boots again.  That crispness in the air on the walk to work always brings me a little bit of joy.

As I sadly no longer have to do real back-to-school shopping, I find that a bit of pretending gets me back in that super-productive, new-term frame of mind.  This is something I take seriously – it’s usually around this time of year that I tell my lovely agent I’m really going to start hammering the writing for the ‘new school year’.

Things that would most get me in the autumn mood this year are:

No-one does schoolgirl chic like Marc Jacobs.


I want a neon satchel!



I’m such a sucker for pretty stationery, and it makes me very happy that the perennially-stylish Pearl Lowe has designed some.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire