jeudi 8 mars 2012

Actual mixtape #1

I love mixtapes, as you can probably tell from the title of this little weblog.

I used to make a ton of them, and the best one I ever got changed my life (and introduced me to Cat Power).

So, I thought I should actually practise what I preach and include some mistape action on here.  So, here begins a 'regular feature'* where I give you a themed playlist and you can either ignore it or look stuff up and make an actual mixtape of your own.

First up, here's one I made earlier**.  It's a little mix I made withe the intention of running to it, before I discovered that I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like running to music, so now I listen to it when I just fancy a dance around the kitchen.  It's all old-ish by now, although it was (in part) current-ish when I made it - it's still pretty good.

Mixtape #1: Raise up the magic

LADYHAWKE: love don't live here
FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE*: rabbit heart (raise it up)
THE KILLS: last day of magic
YEAH YEAH YEAHS: heads will roll
BAT FOR LASHES: daniel
CAT POWER: he war
DAVID BOWIE: magic dance
JEFFERSON AIRPLANE: somebody to love
KATE BUSH: running up that hill (a deal with god)
LADY GAGA: bad romance
PJ HARVEY: shame
MARIANNE FAITHFULL: these friends of mine


* Ha! Get me, talking like I've actually told anyone about this yet and like I have readers and stuff!
** OK, it's an iPod playlist but same diff, right?
*** I know my Feelings On Flo have been well documented, but this is the one song of hers that I love and I LOVE it - sorry, Neil

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire