samedi 1 septembre 2012

Tomboy Style

I really, really love the super-stylish blog 'Tomboy Style'.  I love the look and the ethos of it.  And the occasional gorgeous montages of my own tomboy style heroines - Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jane Birkin, general cool 60s chicks, Chan Marshall.

I highly recommend that you check out http://tomboystyle.blogspot.com/

In the meantime, here is my own little homage to their regular Q & A section.


If not in Brighton, I would live in... a house closer to my family.  Other places I could happily live include LA, New York, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Bridport and Paris.

My dream holiday would be to... pretend to live like a local in all my favourite cities for a few weeks/months at a time.

My current obsessions are...
Food: It’s become a new law that I have to have a breakfast burrito and Vietnamese pho every Saturday.

Music: Lee Ranaldo’s solo album ‘Between the Times and the Tides’ – I literally cannot get it off my stereo.  I am also obsessed with Charlotte Gainsbourg.

Books: Joan Didion, Beryl Bainbridge, Weetzie Bat and my new Kindle.

Fashion: Anything French and comfy/cool – APC, American Vintage, Etoile Isabel Marant, Vanessa Bruno.

Exercise: I go running four times a week and am currently conducting an experiment of adding the Tracy Anderson Method. Don’t know if it’s working but it’s addictive.

I channel my childhood self when I... swim outdoors, ideally with my sister.

The fictional character I most relate to is... Franny Glass.

If I had to be outdoors all day I would... be brave and wear shorts.

My favorite quality in a man is... consistency.

My favorite quality in a woman is... solidarity.

I'm terrified of... NOTHING!

My dream car is a... pair!  I’d love a new Fiat 500 for running around town and an old Range Rover for adventurous roadtrips.  Either would do.

My cocktail of choice is... a French 75.

My celebrity crush is... always Vincent Gallo.

The beauty product of choice is... Chanel lipstick in ‘Egerie’ – it’s subtle but makes you look instantly prettier; you only need a tiny bit, or it looks weird.

My friends and I like to... drink wine, eat a lot of pasta, then talk about the big, important stuff (then have a living room dance party).

If I could go back in time for one decade it would be... The obvious answer for me would be the 60s, but actually maybe more the late 70s in New York – you know, Basquiat and Blondie and Fab Five Freddy.

As a teenager I was totally into... Sylvia Plath and Kurt Cobain in equal measure.

I tend to splurge on... travel.  Most of my money goes on train tickets to visit friends in various places, and on occasional big trips.  The next three weekends, we’re going to Wales, Durham and Oxford, followed by a wedding in Cork and a holiday in Spain.

My love of a ballet pump, band T-shirt, 60s Birkin and Breton stripe ...is what makes me have Tomboy Style.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire