vendredi 26 avril 2013

The Perfect Suicide


My brilliant friend Lotte Worth has written an amazing book called The Perfect Suicide.

I have been meaning to write about this since I first read it a little while ago – as I totally loved this book.  It is dark, clever and beautiful.  I had been putting it off as I am hoping to conduct a little mini interview here with the author herself – but I could wait no longer, so you can now read the book first and look forward to the interview.

The Perfect Suicide tells the story of Emma, a girl who is struggling to fit in at her new university in the aftermath of a family tragedy. The only person who seems to understand her is her new flatmate Pete - who is sympathetic and attractive, and seems so much more grown up than the other students. Pete is a mysterious character, but we are given an insight into his life in the form of flashbacks to his childhood.

I know Lotte (also known as Charlotte) because we share our lovely literary agent, Caroline Hardman of Hardman and Swainson.

You can buy the book here and check out Lotte’s gorgeous website here.  I highly suggest that you do, because she is awesome and her book is (seriously and all bias aside) a new favourite.  I look forward to lots more.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire