mardi 21 mai 2013

Mixtape: The Perks of Being a Wallflower


I adore this book beyond pretty much anything else at the moment.  I am basically in love with Charlie.  He is certainly one of my favourite narrators of all time.  As far as loving the characters goes, Patrick is not far behind.

Obviously mixtapes feature in the book itself, rather beautifully.  I’m not going to try to recreate Charlie’s because he wouldn’t like it (although a mixtape that features Asleep by The Smiths at the beginning and end is a great idea).  Here is my own: songs that remind me of the book, of Charlie and – occasionally – of feeling infinite.

The Hard Drive by Evan Dando
It’s Cool We Can Still Be Friends by Bright Eyes
Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk by Rufus Wainwright
Heaven Tonight by Hole
Dirty Dancing by Frida Hyvonen
Judy and the Dream of Horses by Belle and Sebastian
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by the Smiths

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire