lundi 27 mai 2013

Thank You For Being A Friend


Although it was a name that rang dim and distant bells, I only stumbled upon The Golden Girls when looking up DVDs of Girls online.  In fact, I think Lena Dunham would approve.

So, I recently got hold of some episodes and could not believe how good it was!  Not only is it properly funny and quite filthy, with excellent writing and acting, but it just goes to show that we same to be taking more and more reductive steps backwards in these 21st Century Days.

I can’t imagine a programme being made now about a group of middle-aged-to-elderly women who are attractive, hilarious and have quite a lot of sex – let alone it being a massive mainstream primetime hit.

My favourite character is Dorothy, but I love them all and highly suggest that you watch them immediately.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire