lundi 17 février 2014

Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

I loved this book so much.  I love Bernadette (and Bee) so much it's ridiculous.   There are characters and scenes in this that will stay with me forever.  I love a modern take on an epistolary novel, it must be said.

I only found out after I had read the book, that the author was also a writer on Arrested Development.  Suddenly, in retrospect, this made perfect sense.  They are very different things, but they have something intangible in common - something I really liked.

I came to Arrested Development really, really late.  Especially shocking as I have a bit of a crush (predictably) on Michael Cera.  A girlfriend lent me the lot on DVD and I watched them practically in one go.

I can obviously see why it became such a huge cult hit (if this isn't a contradiction in terms) - well, um, it's hilarious, clever and weirdly touching.  Where'd You Go, Bernadette? is kind of the same.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire