vendredi 28 août 2015

Reading Festival

It's such a long time since I've been to Reading Festival - over 10 years!  I think the last time I went was in 2001.  But that's as it should be: if ever a festival were a young person's game, it is Reading.  It was the first 'proper' festival I ever went to, and as a young whippersnapper, I went every year and had the best time ever.

Ahhh, memories...  The worst festival toilets ever.  Seriously.  Wearing baggy jeans and bikini tops.  Sharing a one-man tent with two other friends.  Drinking beer and eating Pot Noodles.  Seeing 'The Matrix' for the first time in the cinema tent.  That time that Lou and I drank a bottle of mescalin and passed out for 12 hours, or that time that someone was sick *inside* our tent...

Oh, and the 90s bands we saw!  SO 90s!  (As well as really good ones like PJ Harvey in her PVC bra and miniskirt, or the first time I saw the White Stripes and they were AMAZING.)  No, it's the really 90s ones I remember: Garbage and Bis and Kenickie and Chicks and Ooberman.

If you are there this weekend - especially if you are celebrating/commiserating your GCSEs/A-Level results - I hope you have as great a time as I did.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire