mardi 9 août 2016

Somebody To Shove

I think I even knew at the time that Soul Asylum weren't the coolest.  They were no Nirvana.  At the time, I was also really into Beck and Björk (and Madonna and Prince and the B-52s).  Also, 4 Non-Blondes and Spin Doctors, but we don't need to talk about that.

Anyway, I had 'Grave Dancers Union' on cassette and I listened to it a lot.  Like, A LOT.  I still know every single word, even to the not-so great songs (of which there are a few).  It's a really good album for singing along with.

I woke up the other day with the first song in my head, and since then I've been listening to it a lot again.  Sometimes just this song, on a loop.  Sometimes the whole album.  Most often, the first three songs, which are by far the best ones.

I have absolutely no idea if it sounds good to me at the moment due to nostalgia or because it actually holds up as good music.  I suspect the former, so I would be interested to hear any other thoughts on this matter.

What I do know is that it feels perfect for me right now, just as it did in 1992, when I was 11.

Frankly, right now, I seem to be around people who need a fucking shove.  I may well be one of them.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire