lundi 28 novembre 2016

Order of the Unified Heart

It's been a while.  It's been a quiet November, or at least that's how it feels.  A funny old November, too.

I've been writing.  I've been making a lot of soup.  I've been going to dance classes.  I've been trying to keep up the chanting, with mixed success.  I've been keeping my head down, frankly.

But I've been lighting fires.

It's been a time of change and I'm still figuring out what that means - as so many of us are.  I want to think in a global sense, be the change I want to see.  I'm working on it.

I have a new Leonard Cohen tattoo, my second one (sixth in total).  To commemorate my lifelong membership to the Order of the Unified Heart.  I can now honestly say that having my palm handpoked for over two hours was the most painful experience of my life - but a good one.  Maybe that's what it's all about, lately.

Inspired by the LC song, last night I watched the 1928 silent film The Passion of Joan of Arc.  It's still with me today.  It was utterly riveting and overwhelming - and, oh, that face.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.


I saw her wince, I saw her cry,
I saw the glory in her eye.
Myself I long for love and light,
But must it come so cruel, and oh so bright?



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire